[lug] hooray, anti spam

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed May 30 18:39:59 MDT 2001

Stephen Smith wrote:

> Good Point,
> I have many asian subnets blocked for that very
> reason.
> We process and block approx. 1500 to 2000 messages (on
> a good day)
> daily with our rulesets. If I change the rules
> to be any more strict, legit messages from the likes
> of groups like BLUG don't get through.
> I hope that as the education level of the law makers
> gets better we will see better bills come to light.
> I know I know, dream on right...:P

One thing I regret about having my ISP hold my POP mail is that I can't
force some domains or senders to bounce straight back...by the time I
see it, my POP3 has already accepted it. It's one of those things I'd
like to have a static IP and 24/7 DSL box handling, just so I can bounce
some domains without ever having to read the email.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com