[lug] ACPI Questions

Prescott Oelke panick at excite.com
Sun Jun 3 09:35:29 MDT 2001

 Will the APM stuff do what I need it to do (operate the fan) or is it
limited to controlling the battery life? The Compaq "tech support" rep told
me that running Linux on Presario notebooks is "not a supported
configuration" and "could have some bad side effects." I presume that he's
talking about my cpu fan not working. He went on to suggest the Compaq
Armada series as "linux compatible" but those are a minimum of $700 more
than the one I bought. I get the feeling I should have bought a Dell. Live
and learn.

Prescott