[lug] KMAIL Crashing???

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 4 10:09:51 MDT 2001

That's a lot of headers for an MUA to process all at once.  Maybe the best approach would be to somehow consolidate all those messages.  Of course, I'm assuming they're automated in some way.  Maybe you're just a popular guy, I don't know.  Another idea would be to use procmail to distribute them among multiple drops as they arrive.

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Hi All!
> Has anybody else encountered this problem?
> I'm using Kmail 1.2 under KDE 2.1.2, it's all running on RedHat 7.1.
> Each morning when I come into work, I'll get about 700-900 email messages.
> It manages to download about 650 of these when all of a sudden it crashes
> X completely. I have to do the old Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to get out.
> Throughout this ordeal, the system stays steady.
>
> Just looking for input.
>
> Shannon Johnston

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |