[lug] apt-get debian

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Mon Jun 4 13:28:13 MDT 2001

Well I can't help much with why your initial install is crashing on you.
But, if you do, in fact, think that apt-get install will work from the
command line (have you tried it?), you might be surprised at what you can
do.  One of the redeeming features of apt is that it takes care of all the
dependency issues for you.  That is, it will get the package you want, AND
all the packages it depends on, all automagically.  As a result, doing
apt-get install packagename for a few "top-level" packages should get you a
reasonable install base with a minimal number of keystrokes.  If I remember
correctly, this is essentially what the "advanced" option does.

Todd