[lug] command line editing in vi

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Jun 7 10:01:59 MDT 2001

Yes, I wasn't clear.  When I said command line mode, I really meant the ex
interpreter that is invoked when typing a colon while in command mode.

On a stock rh 6.2 machine, I can scroll through the commands I have used at
the ex interpreter using the up and down arrow.  I also used to be able to
use Ctrl-V followed by Enter to generate non-printing characters.

Hugh

"Shannon Johnston"