[lug] VIM under Rh 7.0 ospeed error message

B O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Thu Jun 7 19:23:30 MDT 2001

Hello,

I have been having problems with VIM-enhanced under Red Hat 7.0. In
previous versions, I used this and linked it to vi after renaming
/bin/vi to something else. This worked without problems.

With RH7.0, when creating or opening an existing file, there is an
error message

    vim: symbol 'ospeed' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking

This problem occurs both if I have soft-linked /usr/bin/vim to /bin/vi
and if I run the command as "/usr/bin/vim file-to-be-used."

Can anyone explain this along with a possible solution? I really
prefer vim to the vi that RH installs as the default.

Thanx

BOF