[lug] Sprint BroadBand Config

Mark (Andy) Jolley majolley at qwest.net
Sat Jun 9 12:11:31 MDT 2001

I'm currently using Qwest Dialup, and am sick of the failed connections with
Linux, (all works great with a windows box though!).  I haven't changed my
configs, so something changed on their end.  Anyway.... I'm looking into the
Sprint Broadband, and I did see a flurry of info about in the archives, but
that was mainly for performance issues.  Fortunately, I can see the base of
the foothills from my roof with absolutely no obstructions, so I think I'm a
good candidate.  I considered DSL that's available in mid July for me, but
Qwest sold all of it's residential DSL and dialup access to MSN...No thanks.
I pay Bill enough with my Win98 and my wife's WinME boxes.

What do I use for connectivity?  I looked at the man for PPPOE and it says
it's for a dhcp assigned address, and according to sprint, it's a static IP.
Also what I currently have working now is my Redhat 7.0 box is a router and
autodialer for my dialup access, so I would like to do the same thing with
the sprint connection, but obviously clean up my ipchains to do more than
just masq.

Thanks
--Andy Jolley
majolley at qwest.net