[lug] Linux Certification

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Mon Jun 11 15:50:32 MDT 2001

My experience has been as follows:  I have been using Linux since Jan 1999
at home and as a system administrator for 2 years.
I was able to pass the LPI Level I tests without studying (so it was
review),  I was also able to pass three of the four SAIR tests without
studying (I missed the Networking test by one question).  Whether or not
you learn from the process depends on what you know already and in what
capacity you use Linux right now.

My attitude toward them is somewhat ambivalent.  I take the tests so that
corporate types who don't know much about Linux can be impressed.  I have
learned a few things from test questions that I wasn't sure about but
looked up later.

FWIW,

Hugh

"Gary Plewes"