[lug] More packing troubles...

David Trowbridge jupiter at flatirons.org
Mon Jun 11 19:43:42 MDT 2001

I just now ran into the same problem with porting a network app and
#pragma pack. My problem is this: in the app, before a network command
structure, there are these two lines:
#pragma pack (push, pre_spi)
#pragma pack (2)
and ending with this after the struct:
#pragma pack (pop, pre_spi)

I've defined HAVE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP to 1, but I get the following error
and can't find any docs on the exact format gcc wants:
spi.h:35: warning: malformed '#pragma pack(push[,id],<n>)'
spi.h:35: warning: ignoring pragma:

where line 35 is the push pragma.

Just like the original poster, I'm desperate to avoid the gcc lists.

All I need is a pointer to where to look for documentation on this.

Thanks everyone,
-David

David Trowbridge
jupiter at flatirons.org
http://jupiter.babylonia.flatirons.org

"Base 8 is just like base 10 really...if you're missing two fingers"
	-Tom Lehrer