[lug] talking to a 10.x.x.x box

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jun 12 19:51:26 MDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 12:54:16PM -0600, McIllece wrote:
>I think the Cisco 678 has only one Ethernet output and so my friend wouldn't be
>able to plug in a 2nd computer to the router.  If he put a 2nd network card in
>his computer and connected to that with a 2nd computer, would an externally
>usable ip address show up in the logs?  Wouldn't he need the ip address already

Probably not.  You'd probably be further from having it then...  You can
hook up a hub to allow multiple machines to talk to the Cisco.  They'll
each get a private IP then...

Sean
--
 A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
 history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.