[lug] strange bash behavior

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Thu Jun 14 09:09:30 MDT 2001

Try typing in /bin/cat and see if the problem persistes.  If it does,
try renaming all your .login type files such as .bash_profile, .login,
.bashrc, .inputrc and see if the problem still happens.  You might also
wish to check your terminal settings.  Another thing you could try is
using script to see if there are any strange characters being sent.

Chip