[lug] RedHat 7.1 install failing

David Trowbridge jupiter at flatirons.org
Sun Jun 17 17:43:50 MDT 2001

I'm trying to install redhat on my brand spankin' new system. I've
partitioned it out, and done everything else necessary for installation.

My problem is this:
I stick the disk1 CD in and boot off it. It gets to where its
'running /sbin/loader'. After this, it sits in a blue screen for a very
long time, then finally proceeds to 'starting anaconda...' This waits also
for a very long time, then fails with one of several error messages that
tell me nothing about why it failed. I've tried using a install boot disk,
a different CD, just about everything else I can think of.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,
-David

David Trowbridge
jupiter at flatirons.org
http://jupiter.babylonia.flatirons.org

"Base 8 is just like base 10 really...if you're missing two fingers"
	-Tom Lehrer