[lug] RedHat 7.1 install failing

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Jun 17 23:15:37 MDT 2001

David Trowbridge wrote:

> I'm trying to install redhat on my brand spankin' new system. I've
> partitioned it out, and done everything else necessary for installation.
>
> My problem is this:
> I stick the disk1 CD in and boot off it. It gets to where its
> 'running /sbin/loader'. After this, it sits in a blue screen for a very
> long time, then finally proceeds to 'starting anaconda...' This waits also
> for a very long time, then fails with one of several error messages that
> tell me nothing about why it failed. I've tried using a install boot disk,
> a different CD, just about everything else I can think of.
>
> Is there a solution to this?

Most of my RH install fails worked after using text mode instead of the
graphical mode. You get a chance right at the very start to use text
mode...unless it crashes that early. It might also make a difference as
to which version of RH, and your motherboard, hard drive controller
type, and video card.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com