[lug] large boot image required

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 18 08:07:08 MDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 11:38:53PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>time I add some other files needed for boot, it still exceeds 2.3 MB. So
>I am looking at the possibility of a bootable cd rom, but do not have a
>burner on my machine. So I am thinking of doing all I can to create an

According to the mkisofs man page for creating bootable CDs:

   The boot image must be exactly the size of either a 1.2, 1.44,  or
   a  2.88  meg floppy, and mkisofs will use this size when creating the
   output iso9660 filesystem.

So, going to a CD isn't going to help.

Sean
--
 George Washington was first in war, first in peace -- and first to
 have his birthday juggled to make a long weekend.