[lug] getting KRUD up

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 18 08:12:35 MDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 11:55:42AM -0600, Kenneth D. Weinert wrote:
>1) X is hosed - in fact, X is *so* hosed that it screws up my alternate
>text terminals - I get just blinking colored boxes on them, nothing
>recognizable at all. If I type blindly I can do whatever I need to. The X

This sounds like a problem with the X driver.  You might try going back to
the XFree86 3.3.6 X server for that card -- it should be on KRUD along with
XFree86 4.  RH 7 provides both because version 4 is still fairly immature
and has a number of issues.

Once you've removed the 4.x X server and replaced it with the 3.3.6
version, then try running Xconfigurator again.

The install would have worked because it was likely running in standard VGA
mode.  If you're happy with running 640x480 on your card, you can certainly
switch to that.  ;-/

Sean
--
 Hi, my name's Sean, but my friends call me...  Actually, my friends USUALLY
 e-mail me...  -- Sean Reifschneider, 2000