[lug] OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4 and Ultra ATA 100 controller

Jack Swope swopedba at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 11:23:24 MDT 2001

I have finally suceeded in installing "a" version of
Linux onto my Gateway PC.  The only way I could
accomplish this was to unplug the hard-drive from the
Ultra ATA 100 PCI card and plug it directly into the
MotherBoard Bus.  Now that it is installed I have
tried switching the hard drive back to the Ultra ATA
controller but Linux fails to boot but Windows ME
will.  The boot manager screen appears and asks me if
I want to boot Linux or Windows but will only
successfully load Windows.

I am very new to the world of Linux but am greatly
interested in learning more.  The machine also refuses
to run RedHat 6.2, 7.0, or 7.0.  In either Ultra ATA
or on the motherboard.

Jack Swope