[lug] rpm's and tarball

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Jun 18 15:12:29 MDT 2001

This is kind of silly, but I am unable to find a way to create a tarball
out of a source rpm. I think the "--tarbuild" is probably to create an
rpm from a tarball, but even this appears to not exist in my rpm, it
causes this:
--tarbuild: unknown option

When I do a --rebuild, I might expect the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ to
contain the tarball and /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ to contain the
rebuild rpm, but only the rpm appears for the package I am looking at.
I'm also wondering if during a rebuild there is a way to specify i686
instead of i386?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com