[lug] RH7.1 or KRUD installation question

stevecoffin at earthlink.net stevecoffin at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 16:33:11 MDT 2001

I just got a shiny new KRUD 7.1, but installing it seems to be
> difficult :-).  I have one available partition on my machine
> where I formerly ran KRUD 6.0, using a file (not a partition)
> for swap.  But the stupid RedHat installer seems to require me
> to have a swap partition.  Is there any way to bypass this part
> of the installation, just tell the installer that I want to use my
> one partition, and install there?  Or did I just buy a $7 coaster?
> I don't want to upgrade, just wipe my /dev/hda2 and put the new
> RH7.1 there; I'm happy to go back and set up the swap manually
> if I can get the *$%&* thing to install....

I could figure out any way to do this, so finally I found a
marginally-functional hard disk and installed it, and put the
swap partition there.... Then after install, I switched around
the swap and disconnected the extra disk.... crude but effective :-)
                             =S.Coffin
                             GV Computing
                             stevecoffin at earthlink.net