[lug] OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4 and Ultra ATA 100 controller

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Tue Jun 19 09:28:48 MDT 2001

I had a similar problem---installing Debian on two machines running
Promise Ultra 66 cards---some time ago.  I discovered, after several
weeks of hassle, that on the first disk of my three-disk Debian 2.2
distro there were installation floppy images supporting the cards in
dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/udma66.  The
existence of these is poorly documented, but they made installation
easy once I knew what to do with them (put them on floppy disks and
use the floppies to start the installation---this wasn't documented,
either).  I seem to recall that after using the first floppy it was
possible to do the rest of the installation from CD-ROM.

I don't know about the 100 drivers.

Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~glenn/public_html/Welcome.html