[lug] ATI Radeon 3D and X 4.1.0

Prescott plkey at home.com
Tue Jun 19 11:36:07 MDT 2001

Hi all,

  I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to get the Radeon's 3D working
in XFree86 4.1.0. I have been trying different configurations for a solid
week now and have nothing to show for it.

  I am running SuSE 7.1 upgraded to the 2.4.5 kernel. I used the SuSE
.config file and changed/added agpgart support and Radeon DRM directly to
the kernel (not as a module). I left most of the rest alone and recompiled.
I have tried the RPMs from the SuSE ftp site and installed the binaries
directly via the Xinstall script. Aside from a few less errors on boot up
there is no difference. I added the Load "glx" and Load "dri" to the
XFConfig file. I made sure it was using the "radeon" driver and not the
"ati" one. And I switched X over to the xf86_glx server.

  When I boot and check the glxinfo direct rendering always says "no". The
logs show RADEONscreen init aborted due to version mismatch. kernel module
radeon.o is version 1.0 need version 1.1.x. dri disabled.

I have the 2.4.5 kernel which should have fixed any drm problems (or so I
was told).

  Does anyone have any suggestions (or outright answers) for me? I have
exhausted everything I know to do.

Thank you,

Prescott