[lug] NFS mounts hanging

DeVerter at robinsonmechanical.com DeVerter at robinsonmechanical.com
Wed Jun 20 09:58:05 MDT 2001

Hi,
On my network I have NFS running on one box.  Whenever I try to mount its
exports from _any_ of my other linux boxes the mount command hangs.  This
is the output from another terminal if I # ps -ax

3389 pts/2     D    0:00 mount -t nfs server1:/home/files /mnt/nfs

I have to # kill -9 pid to recover the terminal.  On the NFS box I have one
export set up to world (for testing, of course ;)
/home/files    (rw,insecure,all_squash)
I have also re-exported /etc/exports with  # /usr/sbin/exportfs -ra but the
same issue continues.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can look at?

Thanks in advance,
Mark D.