[lug] Linux and ATT at Home

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Thu Jun 21 13:35:54 MDT 2001

ah, it appears I've fallen behind the times again
(I just keep my rh6.2 box updated and call it a day)

this might be of use if you are new to the linux world.

as root...

unistalling pump
----------------
rpm -qa | grep pump
rpm --erase ListedPackage
rpm -qa | grep dhcpcd

installing dhcpcd
-----------------
ALWAYSALWAYSALWAYSALWAYSALWAYSALWAYSALWAYS
rpm -i --test package
or
rpm -U --test package

before you do the Install/Upgrade.

after the dependancies are fixed (if any)
either
rpm -i DhcpcdPackage
or
rpm -U DhcpcdPackage

uh, this still works this way on rh7.1 right?

;-)