[lug] RPM issues

Prescott plkey at home.com
Thu Jun 21 16:20:40 MDT 2001

You know, it's my experience from working with Redhat and other RPM based
distributions that the RPM database eventually gets screwed no matter what.
I have tried very hard on some systems to keep it intact and it always
eventually falls apart (not sure why). FWIW, It gets to the point now where
if I know all the dependancies are met for an RPM I'm trying to install I
almost always use the --nodeps --force options now. It's really not worth
the headache to try and keep RPM's flaky database from deepsixing itself.

Prescott