[lug] suid removal help

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Thu Jun 21 20:15:49 MDT 2001

I'm trying to rid my system of any suid program that are on the box. I
need a little help with what I'm supposed to do with some of the more
common programs. I'll include a list of the suids on the machine along
with what I did so far. Any suggestions as to what I can do with the
remaining suids would be greatly appreciated.
----------------------------

/home/httpd/cgi-bin/neomail.pl          #has to be suid  :(
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/neomail-prefs.pl    #has to be suid  :*(
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi        #and has to be suid...
/usr/bin/chage          #chmod 711
/usr/bin/gpasswd        #chmod 711
/usr/bin/ssh            #chmod 711
/usr/bin/crontab        #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/at             #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/slocate        #chmod 711
/usr/bin/man            #chmod 711
/usr/bin/passwd         #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/suidperl       #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/sperl5.00503   #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/lockfile       #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/procmail       #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/chfn           #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/chsh           #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/bin/newgrp         #chmod 711
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper #removed, I don't use X
/usr/local/bin/sudo     #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/sbin/utempter      #left as is, need suggestion
/usr/sbin/usernetctl    #chmod 700
/usr/libexec/pt_chown   #left as is, need suggestion
/bin/su                 #left as is, need suggestion
/bin/dns                #chmod 711
/bin/mount              #chmod 711
/bin/umount             #chmod 711
/bin/ping               #chmod 711
/sbin/dump              #chmod 700
/sbin/restore           #chmod 700
/sbin/pwdb_chkpwd       #left as is, need suggestion
/sbin/unix_chkpwd       #left as is, need suggestion

Justin
-----
glow at jackmoves.com
www.jackmoves.com