[lug] more boot CD

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Jun 25 13:47:17 MDT 2001

I believe I have managed to create an iso9660/rockridge/joliet bootable
image which is in the form of a file on the hard drive. My next obstacle
is figuring out how to do the equivalent of rawrite to the cd burner on
a win 2k machine. What the machine wants to do is turn it into a regular
file on a UDF filesystem...obviously it does not boot. That machine has
an HP burner on it, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions
on how to create a bootable cd on a win 2k machine? It seems the
software is trying "simplify" things so much that it has removed the
ability to create boot cd's, other than through its "backup" facility
for the current system. This cd burner is OEM, so it does not come with
a manual. Suggestions welcome.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com