[lug] various ???s

Paul McKelvey Paul.McKelvey at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 25 14:21:21 MDT 2001

Hi All!

I'm new to linux and new to this list, so i hope you don't mind a few
newbie questions i haven't been able to find answers to.
First, do any of you use a cable modem in Boulder (i think the only
option is att at home)?  If so, is it really complicated to get configured
properly?
Is there any reason not to go with Mandrake 8.0 dist?  After looking
around, this one looks best for my needs.
I was brought up as a Macintosh man, so don't know much about PC
hardware...  Could y'all check these specs below and see if this would
be a good linux box or not?  any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!!!

thanks
 - paul -

ACI Custom Build Computer
Part	 Desc.

3301,3443,2247	 AMD Athlon 900MHz
3359	 Asus A7V-KT133 ATA/100 Motherboard
4332	 ISP ATX Midtower 300 Watt Computer Case
2304	 256MB PC133 SDRAM Memory
2963	 30.7GB ATA/100 7200 RPM Hard Drive
nocd	 No CD-ROM Drive
1082	 1.44MB Floppy Drive
3472	 Jaton nVidia TNT2 16MB AGP Video Card
1916	 Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Value Sound Card
nomod	 No Modem
2551	 SMC EZ Card 10/100 PCI Network Card
3664	 Altec Lansing ACS160 Powered Three piece set
noprin	 No Printer
SDKDSVS-190	 New KDS 19inch Monitor .27mm Dot Pitch
1802	 104-Key PS/2 Keyboard
1853	 Qtronix 3 Button Scroll Wheel Mouse
4316	 Mandrake 8.0 GPL (CDROM Only)
3236	 Star Office 5.2 GPL CD-ROM
4085	 Sony Spressa 8x4x32x CD-RW

Price of this system is: $1,175.00

If you are interested in this product please
follow this link:
http://www.affordablecomputers.com/custombuilds/aci_linthun

Sincerely,

Affordable Computers, Inc.