[lug] Polish(ed) Linux Distribution

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 25 15:22:29 MDT 2001

You're right, it's a genuine Linux distro.  It appears very prominently (first several on the list) for every rpmfind search I perform.  I think the results should/could be returned starting with the more popular distros.  Maybe I'm biased.  Or a whiner.  Both?  Sorry.

Hugh Brown wrote:

> I've always assumed it to be a linux distribution.  I would go check the
> lwn.net distro page to see if it really is.
>
> Hugh
>
> "John Hernandez"
> >
> > Does anyone know what rpmfind.net is referring to when they attribute an rpm to the "Polish(ed) Linux Distribution"?  Is this just a way of saying, "generic GNU/Linux", or is there a wildly popular Polish distribution that I should be using?  I couldn't find anything about it in their help section.

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |