[lug] Picture manipulation

Terry Branaman terrybn at ustman.com
Mon Jun 25 16:22:39 MDT 2001

I have about 500 pictures that I took using a digital camera that I want to
put on a web site. Because the files are so large (it is a 3.1 mega pixel
camera), I want to mung the pictures first -- I want to create a thumbnail
sized file, and I want to create a copy with a higher compression rate
(these are jpeg images). Is there a tool that will do this, preferably in
some sort of batch mode (either within the tool, or in a script file)?

I have RedHat 7.1 (with the latest KRUD updates).