[lug] various ???s

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Jun 26 10:58:22 MDT 2001

ljp wrote:

> At 18:01 6/25/2001 -0600, you wrote:
<snip>
> I'd ditch that AMD, tho. Them's too buggy for audio. That Asus is buggy
> also. and the soundblaster. BLAH! Those resample everything to 48000.
> Put an RME in there!! I'd go for good old scsi, too. IBM makes scsi
> thats 160! That 'EZ' card could be better, but then again, anything with
> "EZ" in the name might be scary. NO PRINTER??? How are ya' gonna print
> out any of the jazz your gonna do with that Star Office cd? I'd also get
> a better video card, one with 32MB at least!!
> Mandrake 8? hmm,, well its ok, but personally I am using SuSE.- but
> highly customized by now :)

I have been using AMD Athlons (old and new Thunderbird for over a year now with
ASUS boards exclusively.  Never had any problems with anything - audio works
perfectly well.  In fact anybody who got to work on any of these systems (some
are servers) are just amazed by their power.  Some of these machines do CFD and
raytracing!  The 266 FSB on newer boards is really nice for performance.

> thats my $1,175.00 opinion.
>
> ljp

Ferdinand Schmid
http://www.archenergy.com