[lug] Perl question

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue Jun 26 12:52:42 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Chip" == Chip Atkinson <catkinson at circadence.com> writes:

Chip> Thanks for the help.  Splitting the file into tag and non-tag
Chip> chunks is a really cool idea.  I'll take a crack at doing it
Chip> without peeking too much and then use the example below to
Chip> correct my mistakes.  Thanks again.  This idea is exactly what I
Chip> need.

note that a more bullet-proof way (with the added advantage of not
needing the whole document in core at once) is to use the HTML::Parser
module, a part of libwww-perl (LWP).

it's gotten a little more complex, since it was rewritten in C with XS
bindings.  for the older style, take a look at "perldoc HTML::Filter"
if you have it installed.

a similar idea (although i didn't know about HTML::Filter at the time,
so i created my own "pass it along" routines):

   http://slinky.scrye.com/~tkil/perl/fully-qualify

t.