[lug] apt-get, kde, and gpg

David Trowbridge jupiter at flatirons.org
Tue Jun 26 14:02:02 MDT 2001

Well, first of all, ximian isn't going to put out KDE rpms :)
And apt-get was designed with debian packages in mind - I think you'll
find its more trouble than its worth.
KDE puts out their own packages, which you can download from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/2.1.2/distribution/RedHat/7.1/i386/

I think getting it direct from KDE is a simpler choice than trying to use
an auto-update tool, especially one that was developed for deb packages
instead of rpm.

Hope this helps,
-David

David Trowbridge
jupiter at flatirons.org
http://jupiter.babylonia.flatirons.org

"Base 8 is just like base 10 really...if you're missing two fingers"
	-Tom Lehrer