[lug] how to run a linux domain controller for win clients?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Jun 26 19:22:41 MDT 2001

I am using Samba2.2 as a PDC with about 40 WinNT, Win2k, Win95/98/ME clients and
things work perfectly.  The latest distros (at least SuSE 7.2) have Samba2.2
already packaged.  Setting up the PDC is really straight forward!
You NEED to use Samba 2.2 though, not any previous versions.  My Samba server
holds around 300 GB of data and performs really well as far as throughput and
latency are concerned.

Aside from security concerns your suggested setup should be easy to implement!

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
http://www.archenergy.com