[lug] more boot CD

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Jun 26 20:23:03 MDT 2001

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Good luck, big guy!

Well, it looks like I am out of luck. Win 2k does not provide the aspi
layer, and neither hp nor adaptec make the required aspi dll available
for win 2k machines. Without that, it is not possible to burn with any
of the programs that depend on the layer...which seems to include all
means listed. In order to get support from HP, it means we need to open
the machine and get the serial number; to do that, it has to be taken
back to the shop, since the jerks put a seal on it which voids the
warranty if removed (I think it is time to stop shopping at CADCO). And
if we take it back to the shop to get the serial numbers, then I still
suspect there are no win 2k aspi dll's possible...the versions it has
available all state explicitly to not use it with win 2k.

:(

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com