[lug] FTP ERRORS??

Shannon Johnston nunar at iws.net
Wed Jun 27 11:26:21 MDT 2001

Allow me to offer a little more insight into the problem, as things just
got a whole lot stranger.

The system this is happening on is a Cobalt Raq3. (It's also happening on
a Raq4 as well. Feel free to flame me all you want for using them.)

The newest security patches have been applied.

There is an 'admin' user that has the same passwd as root. This user has
the ability to log in successfully and keep the connection.

Regular users can login from certain network addresses and not from
others. The only two differences being that the space they can't login
from is publically routable, the other is not. (i.e. 10.1.1.0/32)

The admin user is able to log in from the same ip space that the regular
users can't log in from.

The proper commands do exist in the chroot environment.

I'll have to check into the data port communication.

This is all very confusing to me. I've never had this happen before.

Shannon J.