[lug] Video recording with Linux

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jun 27 14:35:23 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Sean Reifschneider
> Rob Riggs got his working about that length of time ago...  For playing
> video at least.  Apparently the BT boards can play TV on your
> screen using very little CPU.  I don't really care about that though.

They do, and they work quite well.  I'm running the bttv driver with a
Hauppage WinTV card to watch movies (wanna guess how many times I've
watched "The Hunt for Red October" and "X-Files: Fight the Future"?) or
CNBC while I work.  Piped through my stereo its pretty nifty.  I switch to
full screen when I start cooking dinner so I can watch from across the
room.  Video capture works but I haven't played with it extensively.  I'm
happy with a door mounted rack of 100+ VCR tapes.  :-)

I did a demo of this setup last year at ALS, but I'm tired of lugging my
big box and a VCR around to show it so that demo is toast.

--
Michael J. Hammel           | There are always women who will take men on their
The Graphics Muse           | own terms. If I were a man I wouldn't bother to