[lug] Unresolved Symbols

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Fri Jun 29 11:34:06 MDT 2001

This all started when I was uprading my RH 7.1 box to kernel 2.4.5
yesterday. I compiled fine and got everything setup and relinked in
/boot. I also (this is where I boneheaded it up) removed the
/boot/initrd.img thinking my system here at work was ide and not scsi.
Alas, it is a scsi machine and now it wouldn't boot up, kernel panic
because the boot device wasn't mounted. I tried making a new initrd
with 'mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.5.img 2.4.5' but I got the error "All
of your loopback devices are in use!". I tried loading the module for
loop with insmod loop, but this is where I started running into all
the unresolved symbol errors. At this point I removed all the 2.4.5
stuff and reinstalled the stock RH 7.1 kernel packages (kernel,
-headers, and -source). Even now though whenever I reboot to the
original kernel I still get the unresolved symbol errors, but now I
get them for everything, ugh. Any idea where I should start?

Justin

-----
glow at jackmoves.com
www.jackmoves.com