[lug] automake & make install

David Trowbridge jupiter at flatirons.org
Fri Jun 29 23:44:12 MDT 2001

I'm having a terrible time figuring this out:

I recently 'conquered' automake and autoconf for one of my projects, after
giving up on it for several past projects. That being done, I can't seem
to figure out how to do 'make install' with this. I have several data
files which need to be put in configurable places. The configurable bit is
easy. All the other examples I've looked at don't have an evident method
for this. Am I just overlooking something obvious?

Thanks,
-David

David Trowbridge
jupiter at flatirons.org
http://jupiter.babylonia.flatirons.org

"Base 8 is just like base 10 really...if you're missing two fingers"
	-Tom Lehrer