[lug] fetchmail

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Jul 2 16:59:30 MDT 2001

I'm going to install fetchmail to download but not delete messages, as a
general backup mechanism (since NS has hosed my mail twice in the last
month or so) on two machines. The rpm files I downloaded do not contain
an rc.d/init.d style script, and I am wondering how many people here
with RH start their fetchmail with such a script? If you do not want to
poll for mail, but only download when you specifically want to, do you
just run a command line for fetchmail to retrieve once? Do you run
fetchmail as root (which seems to imply fetchmail will change its euid
to the particular user it downloads as)?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com