[lug] cd burning

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jul 5 12:21:03 MDT 2001

William Jarosko wrote:

> While in CD Creator 4; goto file, then create cd from cd image, find your
> folder where the iso is stored, change the file type from cif to iso, select
> your iso, click open, select disc at once, and burn it.......

This is what I'm doing. Unfortunately, Linux can't read it. If I
manually format a CD to iso9660, I can read it, so I know the app is
capable of writing something my machine understands. I also can mount
that file (before burning) via loop and read it, as iso9660. But when I
burn from iso as you describe, only win can read it. It is doing
something somewhere that it shouldn't, probably trying to be smarter
than the user (and in the end breaking things). *Arrgghhh*.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com