[lug] 2.4 and dual processors

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Jul 5 12:33:28 MDT 2001

You should probably recompile to use them optimally.  RH does as broad a kernel as possible to
accomodate as many different configurations as possible.  They do have a
copy of the config that they use if you install the kernel source rpm.  It
is in /usr/src/linux/configs

There should be a config in there that has smp in its name.  You can see
what they compiled and modify as your needs require.

Hugh

"Dan Kuester"