[lug] [getting OT]: Adobe GPL attack in Germany

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Fri Jul 6 04:41:02 MDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 01:28:35PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:

> I have an idea. Perhaps NATO countries should be required to ban any
> lawyer or firm that uses the law, based on terrorism (since Germany is
> part of NATO, this will require them to leave Germany upon filing such a
> suit).

In all fairness, David: calling some other contries consumer/trade law
"terrorism" is a rather harsh thing to do, or? Even if i personally don't
agree with some of my contries laws i try to think that goverment did put
some thought into the law. At this point i would like to mention that the
same corpus of laws until now prevented things like software patents.
"Terrorism"? Hardly.
I think we should be carefull not to attack a law if we really mean to
attack a law firm that abuses the law. (am i allowed to mention that
to some of us over here the amount of money involved as well as some of
the cases in lawsuits against companies in the US are, err, astonishing ;-)

Oh, and i thought NATO was a military aliance, not an extendend american
law enforcement agency ....
(but this is getting _really_ o=OT, sorry Wade).

 Ralf