[lug] Microsoft outlaws open source with .NET

B. O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Fri Jul 6 17:39:53 MDT 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> Terry Branaman wrote:
> >
> > I have to wonder if the whole antitrust thing is really
> completely over...doing this with current antitrust problems, combined
> with MS having named linux as a competitor, I have to wonder if the
> courts will get a chance to see this and consider it before everything
> is said and done.
>
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

The fact is, and the point of the matter is, that while MS keeps talking
about Linux as a competitor, AT THE TIME FRAME COVERED UNDER THE
LAWSUIT, (not shouting there - just emphasis, like italics <g>), there
was no competition: Linux was little better than version 1.0, and OS2
was dead.

So there were no alternatives to using MS's OS. And this is the point
that the bozo's in black robes seemed to miss.

BOF