[lug] Microsoft outlaws open source with .NET

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Sun Jul 8 11:06:19 MDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 11:29:18AM -0600, Trever C. Trader wrote:
> I think that y'all are getting way too carried away with this
> subject.  What does Bill Gates and Microsoft have to do with linux?  What
> programs are they writing for Linux?

I have to agree. Somehow programmers seem to like
conspiracy theories.
Whe i started with programming "evil empire" was
called "Big Blue" and Compaq was it's mean cousin.
Flipping throught the latest  issues of Linux journal
i've to admit that a lot of things changed ...

To be fair: some of us try to "sell" free software
to companies and to some of those the marketing
fuzz Mircrosoft throws arround seems to be important.
I've actually been asked about the "viralness" of
GPLed software by customers.

 Ralf