[lug] July 12, 2001 - Boulder Linux User Group Meeting

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 9 16:59:46 MDT 2001

One end of Martin Park is at the north-east corner of Broadway and Table Mesa.  It's a rather narrow park and stretches north from there for several blocks.  For those of you using self-powered transportation, the Bear Creek path will take you there.

-John

"J. Wayde Allen" wrote:

>                        Linux User's Group Meeting
>                        ==========================
>
> Where:   [NOTE:  Temporary change in location]
>
>          Martin Park,
>          S. 36th St. at Eastman Ave.,
>          Boulder, CO
>
>          If you want to arrive early, bring your own food for a picnic in
>          the park starting around 5:30 P.M..  We are only providing the
>          following presentations.  For directions point your web browser
>          at the mapping site of your choice:
>
>             http://mapquest.com
>             http://maps.yahoo.com/
>
> Time:    7:00 P.M.
>
> Date:    July 12, 2001
>
> 10 min. Software Demo:  Ken Weinert <kenw at ihs.com>,
>                         Virtual Users get Virtual Filesystems
>                         (a solution in search of a problem)
>
> Presentation: Jabber: Open Instant Messaging
>
> Speaker: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
>
> Abstract:
>
> Jabber, often called "the Linux of instant messaging" (IM), is an
> XML-based communications system that is dedicated to freedom of
> conversation. We'll look at Jabber's roots as an open alternative to
> existing proprietary IM systems like ICQ, as well as cutting-edge uses of
> Jabber as a generalized XML routing technology.

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |