[lug] merging images

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue Jul 10 12:21:43 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Hodges <Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov> writes:

Gary> Is there an easy way to merge/join two (or more) images.  As of
Gary> now I'm only thinking about joining jpg, but I'd like whatever
Gary> tool I use to be able to join gif as well as others.
Gary> Potentially I have many 1000's to join, so it needs to be
Gary> scriptable.

this operation is usually called "compositing", i believe.  and the
ImageMagick package has at least 'convert', which can overlay multiple
images (as well as being able to read most raster formats, JPEG and
GIF included).

t.