[lug] Dual mice under X?

howeljs at grimoire.stortek.com howeljs at grimoire.stortek.com
Wed Jul 11 14:20:14 MDT 2001

I have used notebooks with 2 PS/2 devices attached and it worked fine. I
suspect it all boils down to what device is referenced in your
XF86Config file in the Pointer section.

PS/2 devices will be on /dev/psaux (or a symlink to that commonly as
/dev/mouse)

USB will be /dev/input/mice or something similar.

I don't think it would be possible to use both a USB and PS/2 at the
same time because of the different device nodes. But 2 PS/2 should work.