[lug] C Programming help

Judson Valeski valeski at netscape.com
Thu Jul 12 09:30:45 MDT 2001

MANIGANDAN V wrote:

>Is there any good IDE for C,C++ compilers.

loaded question :-). linux is my primary development platform, by
choice, but I have made _severe_ sacrifices moving over to it. IMO,
there are no "good" IDE's for linux. I personally use a product called
Visual Slick Edit which is a pretty decent editor and source tree
manager. Most linux development revolves around gcc as the compiler (I
have no quams w/ the compiler), and gdb as the debugger. I haven't tried
any of the new front ends for gdb, but, after growing up w/ Visual
Studio on windows from Microsoft, gdb is a major pain to play w/.

>   I have got KDevelop in KDE but i am unable to compile my code there

Slick Edit will allow you to attatch a "build/compile" command to a
key-binding/menu item. That just dumps the work out to gcc though.

Jud