[lug] C Programming help

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Jul 12 10:44:05 MDT 2001

"Holshouser, David" wrote:

> it's been a while since I played with the debuggers but I remember ddd being
> a quite usable tool about 2 years ago.
>
> Any comments, preferences?

Typically I simply use gdb from the command line ( although I would
really, really love to have a debugger that I trusted more ).  I have
often found Insight useful.  It is a "tickle" wrapper around gdb.
Check http://sources.redhat.com/insight/

BTW, has anyone had any experience with MetroWerks CodeWarrior on
linux?  I've got some possible work that needs to run on Mac, Winders
and Linux and was wondering if CodeWarrior projects could be shared
between the three.  (Last time I used CodeWarrior was in my SE/30 days.)

To the original question in this thread, I would echo tkil's answer.
I have tried kdevelop but do not like it, preferring xemacs,
automake/autoconf, and gdb from the command line.  If the original
poster
mentioned what he wanted to do, I am sure that he would get numerous
suggestions on individual packages that would be useful.

Scott