[lug] Linux Information

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jul 12 11:39:44 MDT 2001

Stephen Smith wrote:

> Although the traffic is a bit high on some, I like
> the email lists from securityfocus.com
>
> I also enjoy the dailys from linuxtoday.com

I subscribe to securityfocus.com also, and tend to browse at
linuxtoday.com. But I'm also on the kernel devel list and Redhat's
security and updates lists (see www.redhat.com, subscribe to things
there...this one is quite valuable for RH user). Beware that the kernel
devel list is very high volume (vger.kernel.org).

If you use RH, be sure to check ftp://updates.redhat.com/ for updates
*immediately* if you install RH (for security reasons). If possible
download with all other sites and ports completely blocked until you get
these updates. Don't trust the Internet for even 2 minutes without
updates, if you can avoid it.

On the non-subscription basis, you can find a lot by browsing these
comp.os.linux.* groups:
comp.os.linux.development.apps
comp.os.linux.development.system
comp.os.linux.hardware