[lug] bitkeeper?

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Jul 13 10:36:22 MDT 2001

"D. Stimits" <stimits at idcomm.com> writes:

> I know source control tools and project tools have had a lot of press on
> this list at one time or another. I'm curious what current opinions are
> of bitkeeper?
> http://www.bitkeeper.com

I've played around with it, and use it to keep my academic files and
website sources synchronized between my desktop and laptop.  Granted,
I don't have an application that will really bring out the advantages
over CVS, but I saw parts of the talk Larry McVoy gave at the 2000
CLIQ and was inspired to learn something about version control
systems.

It seems to follow the engineering rule of "Make the easy things easy
and the hard things possible."

--
Chris Riddoch         |  epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com   |  humility